1. Location (Center of Anatolia)
- 15 million people in 3 hours distance by land and railway.
- At the center of the 6 provinces which are in the top 10 populated provinces of the country.
2. Developed Food Industry (The Capital of Food)
- Approximately %35 of the biscuits, wafers, cakes and chocolate products in our country are produced in Karaman.
- A significant part of the bulgur produced and exported in Türkiye is performed by Karaman.
3.Transportation-Railway (High Speed Train)
- High-speed train services started between Konya and Karaman. With the connection of Karaman to the high-speed train network, the distances between Ankara and Istanbul decreased.
4. Transportation- Airways (Karaman Airport)
- Karaman Airport is planned to be built on an area of 378 hectares, approximately 20 km away from the city center.
5. Transportation-Highways (Modern Highways)
- The biggest port of Türkiye; Mersin Port is just 2 hours drive away from Karaman thanks to the highways and railway.
6.Karaman Logistic Center
- Karaman OIZ Cargo Terminal will be established on 400 decare land for loading, unloading, container stock and customs activities.Thanks to the railway between Karaman and Mersin and Karaman Railway Logistic Center ; the products will be delivered to the Mersin Port safely in a shorter time.
- The 167 ha area close to the Organized Industrial Zone has been declared as a Free Zone. Zoning studies, feasibility studies and company establishment were carried out. The process continues.
8.Export Focused Industry
- Karaman ranks high in Türkiye in terms of exports per capita.
- Karaman exports to 150+ countries.
9.Infrastructure Ready Organized Industrial Zone
- Natural gas, electricity, water, internet, sewerage, infrastructures are ready for investment.
10. Low Earthquake Risk
- Karaman is ranked 1st in Türkiye in the sense of earthquake risk.
11.The Energy Capital of The Future
- Karaman is the province that has the highest sunshine radiation rate in Türkiye.
12.Ideal Region For Fruit Processing Investments
- Ranked 1st in the number of certificated apple tree in Türkiye.
- In terms of apple production, Karaman ranks in the top 3 in Türkiye, although its ranking changes every year according to climatic conditions.
13.University and Labor Force (Developing, Innovative University and Qulified Labor Force)
- 11 Faculties, 2 High Schools, 6 Vocational Schools and 3 Institutes. With 21.643 students, Karamanoğlu Mehmetbey University provides resources for the qualified labor force.
14.Incentives (3rd Region in Incentive System)
- Karaman has significant advantages in the incentive system considering the neighboring provinces. Antalya benefits the lowest supports in the 1st Region. Konya benefits the 2nd Region Supports. Karaman benefits from the 3rd Region Supports.
- Investments to be made in Ayrancı, Başyayla, Ermenek, Kazımkarabekir and Sarıveliler districts have the opportunity to benefit from the support of the 4th region.
15.Suitable Climate Conditions
- Suitable climate conditions for agricultural product diversity and investments.
16.Base of Agriculture and Livestock (Fertile Soils)
- Industry in Karaman with its fertile soils has developed mostly based on agriculture and food sectors.
17.Developing Tourism Sector
- It has an unexplored tourism potential with its history and nature.
- Technopark management company has been established, the technopark area has been determined and the land has been allocated. Regarding Karaman Technopark; the process continues.
19.Machinery Sector (Food and Agricultural)
- Food Manufacturing Industry triggered various sectors such as packaging, raw materials and machinery. So Karaman became a completely self sufficient Food City. In Karaman, machinery sector (food and agricultural) with 100+ enterprises, is the sector with the most businesses among all sectors.
20.Flat Lands Suitable For Investment and Agriculture
- Our province has wide flat areas because of geographical characteristics. Our land properties are capable of meeting the appropriate land conditions which are the priorities of the investors. Karaman plain has very large flat areas where agricultural products grow. Approximately %37 of the provincial lands are cultivated.
- Karaman Organized Industrial Zone is approximately 5 km from Yeşildere Dam and 30 km to Ayrancı Dam. Ermenek Dam is one of the most important and largest dams in the world and Türkiye, is located in the Karaman province.
22.Strong Tie With The Netherlands and Dutch Capacity
- Approximately 60 thousand people from Karaman live in The Netherlands.There are strong economic and cultural ties between Karaman and The Netherlands.The Netherlands is the 1st country regarding the direct investments to Türkiye between 2003 and 2021. Netherlands invested approximately 37,5 billion $ to Türkiye between 2003 and 2021 with %15,7 share.
23.Developing Social and Cultural Life
- New Karaman city stadium with 15,000-seat and new 2500 seat indoor sport arena is completed. There are places for social life such as Shopping Center, Fair and Congress Center, Cultural Center. Many events such as fairs, theaters and conferences are hosted in these venues.
24.Center of Education
- Karaman is in a better position than Türkiye's average in the number of students per classroom in primary and secondary education. Karaman ranks first in Türkiye in terms of transition to full-time education.
- Karamanoğlu Mehmetbey University is one of the important institutions of our country with around 21.463 students and nearly 200 undergraduate, associate and postgraduate programs. It aims to make significant contributions to Turkish higher education, especially in the fields of Turkish language, food and agriculture, and energy, with laboratories and conference halls at international standards, social and sports facilities in its large campus.
25. Karaman 2nd Organized Industrial Zone
- As a result of establishing a 2nd OIZ in an area of approximately 194 hectares to meet the industrial investment demands in our province, the region gained legal personality in 2021. The region, which will strengthen the title of the industrial city of Karaman, will also make a great contribution to the economy of our country when it starts to operate actively.
26. Turkish Statistical Institute (TUIK) Provincial Life Index Study
- This study was published by TUIK for the first time in 2016. Karaman has been the 25th province among 81 provinces in the "Life in Provinces Index" study.
- The Life Index in Provinces study covers a total of 41 indicators under the dimensions of housing, working life, income and wealth, health, education, environment, security, civic participation, access to infrastructure services, social life, life satisfaction, which have a great impact on individual life.
Karaman Investment Advantages
Raw Materials: There are potential raw materials originating from agriculture and animal husbandry. There is renewable energy potential.
Transportation, Logistic and Marketing: Karaman provides the ability to rich 15 million people in 3 hours. Also with railroad connection, it is possible to freight transport to Konya, Adana, Mersin, Eskişehir, Ankara, Kocaeli, Adapazarı and İstanbul. Through Mersin Port which is only 230 km away, it is possible to sell the goods or produce the raw materials.
Land: Existing OIZ and the ongoing 2nd OIZ. -The province with the lowest earthquake risk in Türkiye
Labor: More than 150,000 students from 6 universities in the region are being trained to contribute to the qualified workforce.
Energy: 1st in Türkiye regarding GSR and sunshine hours. The ability for the firms to produce their own electricity.
Water: Yeşildere Dam is only 5 km from the OIZ.
Suppliers and Supporting Industries: Opportunity to reach the world market from Mersin Port with all kinds of sub-industry companies in the region.
Nature and Environment: Mild and dry climate.
Incentives: Karaman is in the 3rd region in the new incentive system (4th if the investment is in the OIZ). Investments to be made in Ayrancı, Başyayla, Ermenek, Kazımkarabekir and Sarıveliler districts have the opportunity to benefit from the support of the 4th region.
You can see below for the Investment Climate in Karaman presentation.